Terms and Conditions
AHOY TRADER TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Freight prices are calculated at checkout with options for Standard or Express Post.
- Please note that for larger items e.g Furniture or Framed prints we are unable to accept PO Boxes or Parcel lockers as a delivery address.
- We use either Australia Post, Fastway Couriers, TNT or DHL EXPRESS depending on the size and nature of the item purchased.
- Once an item has been dispatched we will notify you via email with your tracking information.
- Please be mindful that you are responsible for tracking your own parcel, failure to collect your parcel from your local post outlet will result in your parcel being returned to us, upon which you will need to cover the costs of re-postage of your Parcel.
- All parcels require a signature on delivery, this is due to a recent increase in the amount of stolen parcels.
- When a request is made for a parcel to be delivered and left unattended you acknowledge that Ahoy Trader and their Representatives will not be liable in any way for any loss or damage to the parcel, left in accordance with this authority.
- Australian delivery times vary depending on your location and chosen shipping option, once a order is received it will be dispatched within 1-2 business days.
- As a suggest guide Standard Post will generally arrive in 5-6 business days, with Express Post generally arriving in 2-3 business days (depending on your location)
- International delivery times will vary depending on your location & service chosen. Express International we allow 4-6 business days, Standard International we allow 6-10 business days (excluding any customs delays)
- Ahoy Trader does not guarantee any delivery times as sometimes things beyond our control occur, and the above delivery time frames are a suggestion only.
- If your parcel has not been received within this time frame please email us on the below so that we may investigate further -
*PLEASE NOTE THAT AT PERIODS WHEN WE EXPERIENCE AN INCREASE OF ORDERS (E.G CHRISTMAS OR DURING A SALE PERIOD) DISPATCH TIMES MAY BE LONGER THAN USUAL AND WE THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR PATIENCE
- You are responsible for any additional local customs and duties on your order.
- We are required by law to disclose the full value of the package contents and cannot alter this value.
- If an order is refused by your country by no fault of our own, you are responsible for all shipping expenses and any additional costs incurred.
- You are responsible for tracking your own parcel, failure to collect your parcel from the designated outlet may result in your parcel being returned to us here in Australia upon which you will need to cover the costs of re-postage of your order.
- No returns will be accepted without verification from Ahoy Trader that we have approved the return
- All returns must be requested within 24hrs from receipt of parcel
- Sale items cannot be returned or exchanged, all 'sale' purchases are final
- Damaged items must be reported within 24hrs from receipt of parcel (this is due to a strict time frame within our freight service for any freight insurance claims to be lodged)
- All returns must be finalised and posted back to us within 5 working days of your receipt of order.
- Please note AHOY TRADER does not offer exchange or return of product for change of mind so please shop mindfully.
- If a return is applicable on an item that you have received, within your parcel you will find a slip outlining our return procedure. In the case that there is not a returns procedure slip within your parcel please contact our customer service team on - firstname.lastname@example.org insuring to include your full name, order number, contact details & reason for why you wish to make a return.
- If you have received an item that is faulty or not what you ordered, you may apply for a credit note or exchange, provided that we are satisfied that an error was made in consignment of the item purchased or that a fault has occurred prior to the item being delivered to you.
- In the case of returns or exchange where AHOY TRADER are at fault, AHOY TRADER will pay the shipping costs for returning the faulty or incorrect item to AHOY TRADER and for dispatching the replacement item to you.
- When returning items, please be mindful that many of our items are of a fragile nature and must be packed with care. We ask that all tiles being returned be wrapped in bubble wrap and sent in a box to insure it reaches us in a returnable condition.
- AHOY TRADER will not be liable for items broken in return transit due to inappropriate packaging on your behalf.
- All items being returned to us remain your property until received by us.
- In the case of returns we do not offer cash refunds on any items purchased on AHOYTRADER.COM and will only provide you with a credit note.
- Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item and issue you a credit note where applicable.
Any deliveries received damaged / faulty must be reported to us within 24hrs of receipt of your parcel. This is due to strict insurance policies within our courier & suppliers T&C's, meaning we have a short window period to report this on to them.
Please send a image depicting the damage / fault with your name, order number and contact number through to the email address provided on your packing slip.
Once your email has been reviewed we will contact you and when possible arrange for a replacement to be sent to you, if a replacement piece is not available we will seek an alternative resolution.
Return To Sender Parcels
- If a parcel is unable to be delivered to you due to an error where you are at fault E.G Incorrect details provided to us or failure to collect your parcel at your local depot, Ahoy Trader will not be liable for re-postage of your order. If you wish to have the parcel re-delivered you will need to cover the cost of re-delivery to your address, alternatively you may request a credit note for AHOYTRADER.COM which will be for the amount of your order minus your postage fees.
- We do not offer cash refunds on any items purchased on AHOYTRADER.COM and will only provide you with a credit note.
Please note that at times of high traffic on our website, our inventory levels may become incorrect. Please note that items held in your shopping cart are not reserved and may still be purchased by other customers. A sale is not final until you have processed payment and received a confirmation of order, however on very rare occasions double sales do sometimes occur. In such circumstances Ahoy Trader reserves the right to cancel any orders that we are unable to fulfil and will process a full refund of your order. We apologise in advance if this happens to you and thank you in advance for your understanding.
Many of the items available at AHOY TRADER are handmade and may have slight flaws and imperfections, which are in our humble opinion, part of their charm. At no way at all unless indicated are the pictures of our tiles on the website indicative of the exact piece that you will receive. We try our best for all of our products to be as true to the image as possible but it is nearly impossible to photograph each and every individual piece to be displayed on our website. As the pieces are all made by hand including the shell ties, embellishments frames and pompoms, variations in colour and aesthetics is to be expected. Please contact us for a exact product image of any pieces that you may wish to order if you are concerned about small variations in products, noting that any desired items will not be held until final purchase is made and complete.
AHOY TRADER does not provide warranties of any kind on any of its products or on any information provided on this the AHOY TRADER website. While AHOY TRADER strives to keep our website accurate and up to date, it may contain errors, inaccuracies or may not be current at the time of viewing.
Neither AHOY TRADER, nor its employees, agents or contractors are not liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of, or in any way related to the use of this website or any other website linked to this website. This limitation applies to direct, indirect, consequential, special, and punitive or other damages you or others may suffer, as well as damages for loss of profits, business interruption or the loss of data or information.
AHOY TRADER reserves the right to update the terms and conditions set out herein without notice.
Please note, all images contained on the AHOY TRADER website remain the property of AHOY TRADER and cannot be used without written permission.